About Me

My photo
Clayton here. Here is a little about me. My favorite color is orange. I wish everything in my life was orange. Including my car and phone. (R.I.P.) I love text messaging and don't really like talking on the phone. My favorite drink in the entire world is Dr. Pepper. I'm pretty sure God gave it to the world because he loves us. (Add a little coconut rum, it makes it even better. If that's even possible.) I work in Human Resources at a hotel in downtown SLC. I'm addicted to reality TV. Especially Survivor, American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance. I love Mr. Potato Head, as you can probably tell. What else... Oh yeah I'm gay and have an AMAZING husband, Paul. ILY!!

Friday, March 27, 2009

Is there an Agustus that lives here?

So on Tuesday when I got home from work there was a card (like a business card) clipped by my front door with an officers name and badge number written on the front and nothing but "Call me on" the back. I was on the phone with my cousin Heidi and told her that I needed to go so I could call the police and see what was up. So we hang up and I dial the dispatch number that was indicated. I explain the situation and they ask if there is a case number on the card. I tell them no. The man asked for my name, phone number and address and he tells me he will have the officer call me back. I hang up and call Paul at work to explain the situation. I wait about 35 to 40 minutes before the phone rings. The woman on the phone identifies herself as officer Kelly, not the name on the card. She tells me the the other officer is off duty and will be back on in the morning from 6:00 - 4:00. I ask if I should be worried and she tells me no but that she understands why I would be concerned. So when Paul gets home I fill him in on what I've learned and we agree that he'll get up a little early and call them before work. So I head off to work on Wednesday morning wondering. Around 8:30 Paul calls to tell me that the officer returned his call and that he is looking for Agustus... No Agustus here sorry. It turns out that our new invisible roommate has been writing bad checks with our address. Paul was able to convince the officer that we didn't know Agustus and we haven't had anymore "Call me" notes from the police.

2 comments:

Meagen Ridley said...

Ha ha! That sounds like a Ridley Family type of story. I hope they find the bad check writer!

Heidi said...

Augustus, save room for dinner!