About Me

My photo
Clayton here. Here is a little about me. My favorite color is orange. I wish everything in my life was orange. Including my car and phone. (R.I.P.) I love text messaging and don't really like talking on the phone. My favorite drink in the entire world is Dr. Pepper. I'm pretty sure God gave it to the world because he loves us. (Add a little coconut rum, it makes it even better. If that's even possible.) I work in Human Resources at a hotel in downtown SLC. I'm addicted to reality TV. Especially Survivor, American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance. I love Mr. Potato Head, as you can probably tell. What else... Oh yeah I'm gay and have an AMAZING husband, Paul. ILY!!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My life since May 29th.

Ok, ok. So this has been a long time coming. I know I need to be better about updating my blog. Maybe I should make that my new years resolution. Is it too early to start thinking about that? Well anyway, on May 29th Paul and I got married. It was a great. Almost perfect in fact. We had a small ceremony at a local hotel that was officiated by our two best friends Karri and Paige. My whole family came and I was very happy about that. Now its 6 months later and I don't feel like anything is different. We were already living together and already had a joint bank account so life continued on as usual. Which is awesome! We went to Denver on our Honeymoon. A couple of people thought we were strange for picking such a lowkey location for a Honeymoon but it was perfect for us. We really loved Denver. We got to see some of the sites including the Aquarium, which we highly recommend, and the zoo. We didn't get to see everything we wanted to so we want to go back. But we both have permanent reminders of Denver in our tattoos that we got while we were there. Paul got "Namaste" written in Sandscrit on his left wrist and I got a star on my right upper calf. We both love them. In August Paul got his long overdue promotion to a Service Manager at Wells Fargo. He now has a lot more responsiblity and gets stuck working crazy hours sometimes but we are enjoying the pay increase and he's one step closer to being able to do what he would really like and that's being a trainer at the Wells Fargo training center. I also accepted a new job in August and started the first part of September. I now work in a Human Resources department. I love it. I definitely miss my friends from my last job but I am enjoying the new position. The people here are great and I love learning more about the HR process. Paul, Karri, Kylie and I went to Disneyland again in October for Gay Days. The first night we were there we dressed up and went to the trick-or-treat event. It was so fun. Karri and I went as Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head and Kylie and Paul dressed up as the little green aliens for Toy Story. We were a big hit! The next morning we participated in a Scavenger Hunt and took 5th place out of about 40 teams. I was so proud of us. Last year we placed 11th. We are already planning to go back next year and we plan to WIN!! We really enjoyed ourselves. Our feet...not so much. It was a really fun weekend. Since Disneyland not much has happened. We celebrated Halloween with friends and family at several different parties. Thanksgiving was our usual marathon eating day. We have to visit 3 houses because Paul's parents are divorced. We finally said we couldn't eat by the time we got to the last house. Now Christmas is in full swing. We are so close to having our Christmas shopping done. I put up our tree last night before Paul got home from work and could complain about having to help me. We are looking forward to the holidays and we hope you all have a great holiday season.

4 comments:

Deja said...

I am sooo happy you posted. Sounds like you're doing well. I can't think of anything more "Clayton" than Disneyland and scavenger hunts and decorating Christmas trees.

Congrats to both of you on your improved jobs!

kathy w. said...

I'm glad you posted again and to hear that life is good.

Also, in my opinion, it's never too early to think about New Year's resolutions. I started thinking about mine a while ago.

Amy said...

Lunettes de soleil chanel
Lunettes de soleil dior
Lunettes de soleil louis vuitton
ceinture en cuir
ceinture en cuir armani
ceinture en cuir louis vuitton
portefeuille
portefeuille chanel
portefeuille gucci
portefeuille louis vuitton
Accessories & jewelry
Accessoires Sac louis vuitton
boucle chanel
boucle vivienne
bracelet chanel
collier chanel
Chaussures femmes
chaussues louis vuitton femmes
chaussures Nike Gladiateur Mid femmes
Chaussures hommes
chaussues louis vuitton hommes
high bottes chanel hiver femmes
high bottes louis vuitton hiver femmes

Unknown said...

Finally, wish everyone try to perform serious strategy, and experience the real Diablo 3 way of way of lifestyle. You only have one opportunity. Thanks for visiting!As we all know, the PVP is future in this 30 days. Most of gamers are considering the concerns of selecting capabilities to arrange with awesome products in PVP program.

RS Gold  Buy Diablo 3 Gold   Buy Guild Wars 2 Gold