About Me

My photo
Clayton here. Here is a little about me. My favorite color is orange. I wish everything in my life was orange. Including my car and phone. (R.I.P.) I love text messaging and don't really like talking on the phone. My favorite drink in the entire world is Dr. Pepper. I'm pretty sure God gave it to the world because he loves us. (Add a little coconut rum, it makes it even better. If that's even possible.) I work in Human Resources at a hotel in downtown SLC. I'm addicted to reality TV. Especially Survivor, American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance. I love Mr. Potato Head, as you can probably tell. What else... Oh yeah I'm gay and have an AMAZING husband, Paul. ILY!!

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

So I survived Thanksgiving '08. That doesn't really sound all that impressive until you hear the list of events of the day. The morning was relaxed after I made french toast for breakfast. Then Paul and I headed over to my parents house about 2:00 for the big event. The dinner was the traditional turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, yams, corn and cranberry sauce. Needles to say I was STUFFED!! My mom is getting very good at coming up with ways to tweek things so that Paul and my cousin Heidi can eat traditional food and still be vegetarians. My mom tweeked her stuffing recipe and made a small portion that Heidi and Paul shared. Below is Heidi showing off her control of the roll basket. Kylie wasn't there to monitor how many rolls she ate so she helped herself. After dinner at my parents we headed over to Paul's mom's house. There was a very long table set up in her living room and as soon as we walked in we were instructed to sit and plates were placed in front of us. Paul's mom makes turkey, rice and potato salad El Salvador style. It is really tasty and very different from American style. After eating at Paul's mom's it was time to head over to Paul's brother's to celebrate with his dad.

Luckily everything was running behind, as usual and we didn't eat for a few hours. Actually it was about 9:30 by the time we sat down to eat. After dinner we took Paul's tipsy sister home and then returned just long enough to cut out 3/4 of a pan of brownies and leave behind. We got home about 11:00 and went straight to bed. Paul had to work the next morning so we didn't get to do crazy early morning shopping.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Why don't you just say "Vegetarian Roll Monster at Table, Basket Overtaken, News at Eleven." No help for the poor reader to understand the rigid role rules. No, no. Just the pasty pale face sticking her claim on the dough gobs!