About Me

My photo
Clayton here. Here is a little about me. My favorite color is orange. I wish everything in my life was orange. Including my car and phone. (R.I.P.) I love text messaging and don't really like talking on the phone. My favorite drink in the entire world is Dr. Pepper. I'm pretty sure God gave it to the world because he loves us. (Add a little coconut rum, it makes it even better. If that's even possible.) I work in Human Resources at a hotel in downtown SLC. I'm addicted to reality TV. Especially Survivor, American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance. I love Mr. Potato Head, as you can probably tell. What else... Oh yeah I'm gay and have an AMAZING husband, Paul. ILY!!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Welcome to my double-wide.




So at my new job there have recently been some changes. It all started last week when a sales manager that wasn't performing up to standards was fired. Since then moves have started happening. It started first with the redeployment of which assistants would be working with which directors. I got to keep my two in house Directors and I lost my satellite Sales Manager, which I was totally not sad about. In the Tourism department we are also looking to hire another Tourism Sales Manager that I will also be assistant to. With the being said they decided to make room for the yet-to-be-named Tourism Sales Manager by moving our VP's assistant to the desk closest to his office (the one vacated by the guy who got fired) and move me into his assistants old desk and put the yet-to-be-named Tourism Sales Manager in my old desk that is closest to the Director of Tourism. That all happened on Friday last week. (The weirdest part wat that the VP and his assistant were overly concerned that I would somehow be offended of have some strong opposition to moving desks. I told them I have only been here a month and that I don't feel like I have any claim staked on any space.)
Then Monday morning I am working away in my new little home when the Director of Tourism steps in and says, "We're moving downstairs." So we packed up her office and moved it all down to a vacant office on the first floor. Just outside her office and down the hall slightly is a nice big double-wide cubical where I now live and the yet-to-be-named Tourism Sales Manager will live in the other side. The other side is larger but I don't really care. I just don't want to have to move again.

No comments: