About Me

My photo
Clayton here. Here is a little about me. My favorite color is orange. I wish everything in my life was orange. Including my car and phone. (R.I.P.) I love text messaging and don't really like talking on the phone. My favorite drink in the entire world is Dr. Pepper. I'm pretty sure God gave it to the world because he loves us. (Add a little coconut rum, it makes it even better. If that's even possible.) I work in Human Resources at a hotel in downtown SLC. I'm addicted to reality TV. Especially Survivor, American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance. I love Mr. Potato Head, as you can probably tell. What else... Oh yeah I'm gay and have an AMAZING husband, Paul. ILY!!

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

BIG SHOPPING DAY!!

Yesterday was a big day for me. For anyone who may not know, I am head over heels in love with Jennifer Hudson. I have been since she was on American Idol. In fact I have not voted for a contestant since she was voted off. When I found out that she was going to be in Dreamgirls I was so excited. I went out and bought the soundtrack before ever seeing the movie. And of coarse she was AMAZING!! I went to see the Sex in the City movie, having never watched a single episode, only because she was in it. And I am highly anticipating the release of her latest movie, The Secret Life of Bees where she will co-star along with Queen Latifa, Dakota Fanning and Alicia Keys. I have been anticipating the release of her first album for a while now. It was announced around the time of Dreamgirls that her album would be a soulful gospel album. Yesterday was the big day and I am now the very proud owner of Jennifer Hudson's self titled debut album. And it is not a gospel album. I haven't had time to listen to the whole thing yet but what I have heard so far is FANTASTIC!! Last week on Tuesday the final season of Will & Grace was release on DVD. Along with the final season was released the complete series in one box set. When Paul and I saw it at Target on Saturday we were super excited. We went home immediately, gathered up our collection of the first 7 seasons and headed directly to FYE to sell them back. We got a $50 store credit and vowed to return after pay day. (That was yesterday!!) I headed straight to FYE to purchase the box set and my Jennifer Hudson cd right from the trax station. Now it is positioned nicely among all our other DVDs. And it draws attention to itself because it is shorter and squattier than all the DVDs around it.
After I finished shopping at FYE I headed over to Target to get the Target exclusive special edition of Iron Man. It comes in a really cool helmet case. Only sadly when I got there they had already sold out of the special edition ones. I text Paul to tell him of my disappointment. Little did I know that while we were texting about my dismay he headed over to the Target closest to where he works and was able to find one. I was so happy. I love him so much!! I know he thinks I'm crazy sometimes but I also know that he loves me and that's good. (No image currently available for the Iron Man case. Maybe I'll take one with my phone and add it at a later date.)

No comments: