About Me

My photo
Clayton here. Here is a little about me. My favorite color is orange. I wish everything in my life was orange. Including my car and phone. (R.I.P.) I love text messaging and don't really like talking on the phone. My favorite drink in the entire world is Dr. Pepper. I'm pretty sure God gave it to the world because he loves us. (Add a little coconut rum, it makes it even better. If that's even possible.) I work in Human Resources at a hotel in downtown SLC. I'm addicted to reality TV. Especially Survivor, American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance. I love Mr. Potato Head, as you can probably tell. What else... Oh yeah I'm gay and have an AMAZING husband, Paul. ILY!!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tattoo

So I decided it was time I added my tattoo to my blog. I had it done back in March but I was too afraid to post it on my blog because occasionally my parents read my blog. When we went on vacation to St. George back in August the inevitable finally happened. Our St. George vacations always consist of watching movies, swimming, eating and repeating. So the moment came and I stripped off my shirt and climbed into the pool. We started playing around and soon enough everyone had seen it. No one said anything at first. Then a little bit later I was standing by my mom and she said ok I have to know, does it hurt? We talked a little about how much it hurts and then no one else said anything about it. The following weekend my sister Jetti got a close up look at it while we were swimming at her brother-in-laws house in Arizona and her comment was oh it's a "C." So I figured I had better explain what it is. First of all, I designed it myself, mostly. It is my version of an Aztec sun. (I wanted it to look like it was made out of rock so that is the only part the the tattoo artist added to it.) It has 6 points because I wanted to include the colors of the rainbow as my expression of not being ashamed of being gay. And the "C" in the middle represents that I did it for myself. It was something that I had been thinking about for years before it actually happened. I had been carrying around the design in my bag for atleast 2 years before I got it done. And in case anyone is wondering, I am planning on getting more. I already have the design finished for the next one that will be a tribute to my cousin Stephanie, who died from breast cancer, and my dad that is living with Lymphoma. I am also in the process of thinking of a design special enough to represent the person in my life who loves me more than anyone else does, my sister Kylie Jo.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

love the post clayton! I too will have one someday...I bet I'll post about it too. Be good.

Anonymous said...

I have a plan for a tattoo as well. I want the Elggren family coat of arms inked in black on the inside of my forearm.

Two major holdbacks:

1. My forearms aren't all that muscular, so I don't know how great it would look.

2. Pain. I just can't take it.