About Me

My photo
Clayton here. Here is a little about me. My favorite color is orange. I wish everything in my life was orange. Including my car and phone. (R.I.P.) I love text messaging and don't really like talking on the phone. My favorite drink in the entire world is Dr. Pepper. I'm pretty sure God gave it to the world because he loves us. (Add a little coconut rum, it makes it even better. If that's even possible.) I work in Human Resources at a hotel in downtown SLC. I'm addicted to reality TV. Especially Survivor, American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance. I love Mr. Potato Head, as you can probably tell. What else... Oh yeah I'm gay and have an AMAZING husband, Paul. ILY!!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Where do you stand on Equality?


This post is prompted by a comment made by my cousin. I absolutely took no offense to the comment but I figured I would blog about my opinion. If you don't agree with me that's fine and you don't have to continue reading. But I am sharing my opinion. As you can tell from the image at the top of the page, I support Obama. In fact I already voted for him. (I know my vote doesn't count for much in Utah but I still did.) Paul and I had our ballots mailed to us early. We filled them out and mailed them in. My main reason for voting for Obama over McCain is because of the simple matter of Equality. I want a president that believes that all Americans should have equal rights. I don't understand why anyone would want it any other way. Frankly the opposition to equal rights is sickening to me. Think about how far our country has come since it was established. Blacks and women now have all the same rights as white men. Then why is it that two consenting adults are not being allowed to marry each other? Our country is not run by religious leaders or their feelings and religions (especially one in particular) have been persecuted and now they are persecuting another group of individuals simply because they don't agree with who they love. What is so wrong with loving another human being? That seems wrong to me and frankly I am glad I am no longer associated with an organization that asks it members to persecute others. Remember this is only my opinion and you don't have to like it or agree but I hope it makes you think.

No comments: