About Me

My photo
Clayton here. Here is a little about me. My favorite color is orange. I wish everything in my life was orange. Including my car and phone. (R.I.P.) I love text messaging and don't really like talking on the phone. My favorite drink in the entire world is Dr. Pepper. I'm pretty sure God gave it to the world because he loves us. (Add a little coconut rum, it makes it even better. If that's even possible.) I work in Human Resources at a hotel in downtown SLC. I'm addicted to reality TV. Especially Survivor, American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance. I love Mr. Potato Head, as you can probably tell. What else... Oh yeah I'm gay and have an AMAZING husband, Paul. ILY!!

Friday, November 7, 2008

Halloween Costumes

Halloween has come and gone and actually I'm relieved. Halloween is Paul's favorite holiday and so I wanted to make sure he had as much fun as possible. I suggested that we, along with my friend Karri, dress up as Lock, Shock, and Barrel from Nightmare Before Christmas. I spent tons of time stressing over and creating the 3 masks that are essentially the signature pieces for these costumes. Not only that but I had to create Paul's skeleton costume. He had the idea to attach a glow in the dark plastic skeleton to his clothes. (Easier said than done.) We ended up having to get a hand saw from my parents house in order to cut the skeleton into separate bones. Then we hot-glued the upper body to the black t-shirt and I had stitched the bones of the legs on to the black lounge pants we bought. Paul mentioned that he wanted to enter the costume contest at the club we were planning to go to which only added to the pressure of creating good costumes. Not only did we need masks but we also had to paint our faces according to the movie.
Here are the close ups of the individual masks. And incase you don't know which is which...
Lock is the devil, Shock is the witch and Barrel is the skeleton.














We had fun even if we didn't enter the costume contest.

2 comments:

kathy w. said...

Oh wow. How creative are you? For Halloween, I just wore a brown beanie with twisted fabric pinned to the sides—princess leia.

Annie said...

I am proud to say I knew who you were before I read this entry just by seeing the picture of three of you. Even if I didn't know who you individually were at the Halloween party. AWESOME!