About Me

My photo
Clayton here. Here is a little about me. My favorite color is orange. I wish everything in my life was orange. Including my car and phone. (R.I.P.) I love text messaging and don't really like talking on the phone. My favorite drink in the entire world is Dr. Pepper. I'm pretty sure God gave it to the world because he loves us. (Add a little coconut rum, it makes it even better. If that's even possible.) I work in Human Resources at a hotel in downtown SLC. I'm addicted to reality TV. Especially Survivor, American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance. I love Mr. Potato Head, as you can probably tell. What else... Oh yeah I'm gay and have an AMAZING husband, Paul. ILY!!

Monday, November 24, 2008

Um, that's a problem

Up until today I have taken child-proof caps on pill bottles for granted. It's always so annoying to have to fiddle with the stupid little secruity devices just to get a little relief for a migraine. A while back Paul took me to a whole foods store into the natural medicine section to have me get some homeopathic migraine relief. (I think he thinks I take too many painkillers.) So I got this tiny little bottle of natural something that is supposed to relieve migraines. It works better for preventing them if you take two during the very early stages of a migraine onset. And the best part is that because it is all natural, it isn't harmful and there is no real threat of overdosing, so it doesn't have a child-proof cap on it. Well this morning I found myself with a full on migraine so I decided to go for the strong stuff and started searching through my bag for my Excedrin Migraine. I always just shove one hand in and search blindly until my hand finds the all too familiar shape of the bottle. Today however my hand discovered the tiny bottle of natural pills first and noticed a crucial part was missing...THE LID!!! I quickly emptied the contents of my bag onto my desk and the picture below is what I found. Yeah that's right. The entire bottle of tiny little natural pills lined the bottom crevices of my bag. So now there is a slight dusting of crushed homeopathic migraine relief on everything that belongs in the black hole that is my bag. I snapped a picture for blogging purposes and then proceeded to pick each and every dusty little pill out of my bag and replace it into the tiny little bottle that is its original home. And no I didn't throw the bottle away. Aside from a little lint there is nothing residing in my bag that would be harmful if consumed. So I think child-proof caps should instead be called keep-the-pills-in-the-bottle-and-not-in-the-bottom-of-your-bag caps. Does anyone second the motion?

3 comments:

Annie said...

I was getting a serious migraine at the Jazz game last week, and I kind of anticipated that I would get a headache, but didn't know how severe. So, I popped a couple of Advil Migraine into a regular advil bottle and put it into my purse. At half time I HAD to take the medicine so I stood in line at the drinking fountain and tried to get the advil migraine out of the bottle. I ended up dumping the entire thing into my hand just to find the two migraine pills and dropping a whole bunch of advil on the floor by the drinking fountain. I'm not taking an advil that's been on the floor of the Energy Solutions Arena no matter how bad my headache is.

Brenda said...

Oh so TRUE! Never stay on whenyou need em, never come off when you do! (that's what she said?) Love you miss you want you! B

Unknown said...

Well.. you know me... I have an entire pharmacy in my purse so I have had that problem befor. What did I do? I looked at it and said. " Whatever" .. and they remain in the bottle of my purse.