About Me

My photo
Clayton here. Here is a little about me. My favorite color is orange. I wish everything in my life was orange. Including my car and phone. (R.I.P.) I love text messaging and don't really like talking on the phone. My favorite drink in the entire world is Dr. Pepper. I'm pretty sure God gave it to the world because he loves us. (Add a little coconut rum, it makes it even better. If that's even possible.) I work in Human Resources at a hotel in downtown SLC. I'm addicted to reality TV. Especially Survivor, American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance. I love Mr. Potato Head, as you can probably tell. What else... Oh yeah I'm gay and have an AMAZING husband, Paul. ILY!!

Friday, May 9, 2008

What should one say...

What should a person say if they are on the phone with someone and the conversation just kind of dies out? You know you've all been in this situation. You're talking and then suddenly the conversation is just kind of dead and now you're just holding the phone up to your hear, listening to the other person breathing. So what's the nicest possible way to end the phone call? Recently I used, "Ok well I guess we should hang up since we're not talking any more." Yeah that didn't go over well. So help me out friends. What should I have said instead?

2 comments:

Michelle... said...

This is tricky. I find myself in this position every now and then. I usually just say, "Well, I need to get going. It was good talking to you."

Kylie Jo said...

Who did you say that to? I don't like to talk on the phone and most people I talk to don't like to either so we are happy to hang up. And if all else fails just hang up and tell them you must have droped the call. That should work. Tehe