About Me

My photo
Clayton here. Here is a little about me. My favorite color is orange. I wish everything in my life was orange. Including my car and phone. (R.I.P.) I love text messaging and don't really like talking on the phone. My favorite drink in the entire world is Dr. Pepper. I'm pretty sure God gave it to the world because he loves us. (Add a little coconut rum, it makes it even better. If that's even possible.) I work in Human Resources at a hotel in downtown SLC. I'm addicted to reality TV. Especially Survivor, American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance. I love Mr. Potato Head, as you can probably tell. What else... Oh yeah I'm gay and have an AMAZING husband, Paul. ILY!!

Thursday, March 13, 2008

How much do I HATE Comcast...

So back in November when I moved in with my sweetie is when all my problems started. At first they continued to send my statement to my old address. Even after they sent out a technician to set everything up and I notified them that I was moving. So because I wasn't receiving a statement I got behind on my payments. So I finally logged on to their website and made a payment of $75.00 because that was the promotional rate I signed up with in July. Well the next day they turned our cable off. Needless to say, I was pissed. Wait until after I make a payment to shut it off, that doesn't really make any sense. So I called their "screw you over" help line. And the guy who answered was a total asshole. He started by insisting that it was impossible to have signed up for a $75.00 price and that the price per month was $115.00 and I was currently behind $300.00 on payments. It wasn't until I insisted he check the history of my account that he discovered that I had infact signed up with a promotional rate. (I told you so!) He then proceded to inform me that when I moved I lost the promotional rate. A fact that no one decided to inform me of prior to making the move. So in order to get the cable turned back on I had to either make a payment to bring my account current or start on a payment plan that would spread the over due balance out over 4 months. Obviously I opted to spread it out because who has $300.00 just laying around. So I make a payment of like $184.00 and the cable is turned back on. Then the box started giving us trouble. It wouldn't record the shows we scheduled it to. Then the DVR option just became unusable. So I put another call into the "screw you over" help line. The girl that answered this time informed me that my account is still past due and that I should probably make a payment, even though I am set up on a payment plan and my next payment isn't due yet. Then she told me that she would send a stronger signal to try and "reset" the box. So that worked for like, a day. When I returned a call to their "not so helpful" line they offered to resend a signal again. I told them that someone should probably come out and look at the box. So she set up an appointment. Before the time of the appoinment they turned our service off again for non payment. This time Paul called and used his tax return to bring the balance to current. Apparently the guy I talked to the first time hadn't set up our payment plan. (Thanks alot asshole.) So the technician shows up about an hour late for the appoinment, and with a buddy who just needed to log some extra hours on his time card. (And then the buddy proceded to tell me how hot the girls in the complex are after I told him I live with my boyfriend. This guy was a "winner".) So they informed me that the box we were given was designed for HD tvs. Well anyone who knows me knows that there is nothing HD about my tv. So they installed a "new" regular DVR box and left. Well since then everyday day our DVR box just turns off. And not just off like you hit the power button and now the red light is on indicating that it's off, I'm talking OFF like no power to the box at all. Now its plugged into a power strip along with the TV and DVD player and they always work just fine so its obivously a problem with the box. So we decide that enough is enough. Obivously comcast sucks and thats never going to change. So we look into DirectTV. We even signed up for the whole package. When the technician came last Saturday he informed me that our patio faces the wrong direction for a satellite and we can't get permission from our leasing office to set a tripod on the grass so we get screwed and have to settle back with comcast. So Paul takes it upon himself to call comcast again and they lady he talked to sent out a strong signal to reset the box.... Yeah whatever. It didn't work either. (No surprise of coarse) So then he scheduled an appoinment. That brings us to today. The technician shows up and informs Paul that we were given one of the old defective boxes that they are getting rid of. So they installed a new box and hopefully it will work better now. He then called comcast to find out about being credited for all the hassel we've had and they said they will credit us $15.00. THAT"S IT!! I really HATE comcast.

No comments: