About Me

My photo
Clayton here. Here is a little about me. My favorite color is orange. I wish everything in my life was orange. Including my car and phone. (R.I.P.) I love text messaging and don't really like talking on the phone. My favorite drink in the entire world is Dr. Pepper. I'm pretty sure God gave it to the world because he loves us. (Add a little coconut rum, it makes it even better. If that's even possible.) I work in Human Resources at a hotel in downtown SLC. I'm addicted to reality TV. Especially Survivor, American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance. I love Mr. Potato Head, as you can probably tell. What else... Oh yeah I'm gay and have an AMAZING husband, Paul. ILY!!

Friday, March 7, 2008

The Job Hunt Continues

I have recently been searching for a new job. I started about 3 months ago. Since then I have been turned down 10 times. And even worse 3 times by the company I already work for. And one of those 3 I lost to a fellow employee that only applied for the position after he found out that I had. (Now that is low.) It's actually starting to get to me. It's frustrating because I have a college degree in Hospitality Management. But no one has taken that into account. They all want more experience. I'm starting to feel like I wasted 4 years of my life going to school for nothing. I personally know people who don't even have an associate degree that have higher level, better paying jobs than I do. And all because they spent more time working instead of going to school. I really want to get into meeting / event planning. And just because I have actually never officially by title done that job no one will consider me for it. And I wish I could just say in the interview or on my resume, Hello, I'm gay. Gays know how to host events. As my best friend Billy says, all I have to do is shake my hair and everything will be made fabulous. Why doesn't the rest of the world understand that?

No comments: