About Me

My photo
Clayton here. Here is a little about me. My favorite color is orange. I wish everything in my life was orange. Including my car and phone. (R.I.P.) I love text messaging and don't really like talking on the phone. My favorite drink in the entire world is Dr. Pepper. I'm pretty sure God gave it to the world because he loves us. (Add a little coconut rum, it makes it even better. If that's even possible.) I work in Human Resources at a hotel in downtown SLC. I'm addicted to reality TV. Especially Survivor, American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance. I love Mr. Potato Head, as you can probably tell. What else... Oh yeah I'm gay and have an AMAZING husband, Paul. ILY!!

Monday, March 31, 2008

What's all that white stuff?

So I'm confused... It is March 31 isn't it? And we did just have some hot days, didn't we? So what's up with all this crappy snow? I had no idea that it had snowed last night. I was rushing around trying to hurry and get ready this morning so that Paul could get into the bathroom and get ready. Mondays are bad for us because we both have to be to work by 8 but he always sleeps longer than I do. Its something we have to work on. So I opened the front door, realizing that I was already a little late, and stood there frozen in unbelief for a few moments before calling back in to Paul to look outside. I had to go back to the bedroom and find my gloves. Ten minutes later after I finished brushing all the white crap off my car I began my drive to Orem. I pulled out of my parking stall at 7:22. It then took another 11 minutes for me to get to the freeway. Then I got stuck behind this kid who was going like 20 in the middle lane of the freeway. (Kudos to him for being cautious, but scoot over and drive in the slow lane if you're not comfortable driving in the snow.) So I finally got around him and made it to the point of the mountain just in time for the snow plows to pull on and hold up traffic. I guess some might argue the fact that following the snow plows is better than having to drive on unplowed roads, but I'm not sure I agree. They finally pulled off at Thanksgiving Point and I proceeded to brave the ice covered roads. As I made my way around the bend in Lindon I started counting cars that were on the side of the road, 10. And all I have to say to those people is, "Learn how to drive in the snow or stay home!" So I got to work at 8:25 today. Yeah, that's right, it took me an hour to get to work today. I really hate the snow.

3 comments:

Meagen Ridley said...

The snow SUCKS! It seriously killed the spring buzz I had going.

Holli said...

Hey No Clayton.. Did you ever think that the slow driving kid could have been the "Making terrorist guets our friends" kid.. It could have been the first time his dad let him drive on the free way... ya you should think about that.

Clayton Jensen said...

Holli you might be right. But if in fact "slow driving" kid is "making terrorist guests our friend" kid then Dad pick a really bad day to loosen the reigns.