About Me

My photo
Clayton here. Here is a little about me. My favorite color is orange. I wish everything in my life was orange. Including my car and phone. (R.I.P.) I love text messaging and don't really like talking on the phone. My favorite drink in the entire world is Dr. Pepper. I'm pretty sure God gave it to the world because he loves us. (Add a little coconut rum, it makes it even better. If that's even possible.) I work in Human Resources at a hotel in downtown SLC. I'm addicted to reality TV. Especially Survivor, American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance. I love Mr. Potato Head, as you can probably tell. What else... Oh yeah I'm gay and have an AMAZING husband, Paul. ILY!!

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fool's Day

So I've been trying to think of a good April Fool's Day joke but I've been kinda drawing a blank. So instead I decided I would just blog about a couple of April Fool's Day jokes that I remember from over the years.

The first when we were younger my siblings and I always bugged each other. And one year on April Fool's Day in the evening all 4 of the younger siblings were either in our bedrooms or my parents room. (I don't remember where everyone was specifically.) But Erik being the biggest teaser decided he would lock all of us in our rooms. He cleared it with my mom first to be sure not to get into trouble for playing a prank. Then he went out to the garage and got enough jump rope to tie all the door handles together. All the doors were shut and he quickly and quietly tied all the handles shut so we couldn't get out. Then he got my mom to call us from the kitchen. We all jumped and run toward the doors all trying to get out. Each screaming at Erik who stood right outside the doors laughing and saying April Fools, April Fools.

In one of the following years in an attempt to get him back I disconnected the tube in the toilet tank that fills the tank with water and positioned it so it was pointing out from under the tank lid. The plan was that when he flushed toilet he would get a stream of water shooting out at him from the toilet. Poor planning on my part didn't take into account the weight of the tank lid pinching off the water supply. Needless to say it didn't work and my revenge went down the drain, so to speak.

And the last April Fool's Day joke I remember took place in 2004. I was attending UVSC at the time, but still living at home in Sandy. As I was making my commute listening to my favorite morning show (now I have no idea what station that was) the DJs started talking about a major delay on south bound I-15 in American Fork. They were reporting on an incident that had occurred and had left a whale stranded in the middle of the freeway. They were claiming that the whale was being transported to SeaWorld in San Diego and the truck and crashed leaving the whale stranded. I remember thinking how strange it was that they would be traveling on I-15 to get to San Diego from whereever they were coming from but how cool would it be to see a whale up close in such a circumstance. (Obviously I didn't remember that it was April Fool's Day.) The radio station was asking people, "anyone listening," to please bring as much water as they could to help keep the whale wet. I continued my drive expecting to get stuck in traffic at any moment. And when I reached American Fork and saw no whale I started remembering that it was April Fool's Day and I did indeed feel kind of foolish. But I was also impressed at how thought out the whole thing was. Kudos mystery radio station.

2 comments:

Kimi said...

Google has had some good ones thoughout the years. I really liked this year when they added their "I'm Feeling Lucky" button to their calendar. When you clicked on it it would set you up on a date with a random celebrity. My sister was the queen of pranks though. Let's just say eventually I learned to sleep without a flat sheet when I was little cause more often than not it was short sheeted.

Kylie Jo said...

OH man do I remeber when Erik tied us into the rooms. I don't remember where everyone was either but here is a guess... Ryan was probably in Mom and Dad's room on the computer and Jetti was probably in our room and I think I remember being in your room wich I would guess puts you there too. I remember being really mad at Erik and I think about that every year and I'm glad he lives clear in AZ!